Single Right Field ~ No Runners On
In this single center field, no runners on, each player has a specific assignment within the situation.
- P: Turns around, moves halfway to second base
- C: Starts to backup 1B, then stops when he sees the ball go into the outfield
- 1B: Comes to 1B
- 2B: Goes out to RF as the cutoff
- SS: Covers 2B
- 3B: Backs up throw
- LF: Comes in to backup throw
- CF: Moves in and towards right field
- RF: Fields the ball and throws "through" the cutoff to 2B
Cutoff Tips ~ From the Dugout
- Cutoff man sets up with both hands raised over his head, yelling "hit me, hit me" so that the outfielder has no trouble locating him.
I Figure Practice Puts Your Brains In Your Muscles ( Sam Snead ~ PGA Golfer )
Single Cutoff Diagrams
return to the ole ballgame.com