Single Left Field ~ Runner On Second
In this single left field, runner on second, each player has a specific assignment within the situation.
- P: Back up home plate
- C: Cover plate, line up the cutoff man
- 1B: Come down inside 1B
- 2B: Cover 2B
- SS: Cover 3B
- 3B: Come to infield grass for cutoff between LF and C
- CF: Move towards RF and back up possible throw to 2B
- RF: Move towards 1B as a backup
- LF: Field ball, throw "through" cutoff to the plate
Cutoff Tips ~ From the Dugout
- This is a situation where making a throw that the cutoff man is able to cut, will either keep a runner off 2B, or get him out trying.
I Figure Practice Puts Your Brains In Your Muscles ( Sam Snead ~ PGA Golfer )
Single Cutoff Diagrams
return to the ole ballgame.com