Single Center Field ~ No Runners On
In this single center field, no runners on, each player has a specific assignment within the situation.
- P: Turns around and goes halfway to 2b
- C: Remains at plate as the final backup
- 1B: Comes over to 1B, in the event of an extra wide turn by the runner
- 2B: Goes to 2B to cover the base
- SS: Goes out to CF as cutoff
- 3B: Moves toward center of the diamond, in case of a bad throw
- LF: Move towards center field
- RF: Move towards center field
- CF: Catch ball and throw "through" cutoff to 2B
Cutoff Tips ~ From the Dugout
- As a cutoff man, if you hear "cut", cut the baseball and quickly run the ball back into the infield.
I Figure Practice Puts Your Brains In Your Muscles ( Sam Snead ~ PGA Golfer )
Single Cutoff Diagrams
return to the ole ballgame.com