Single Center Field ~ Runner On Second
In this single center field, runner on second, each player has a specific assignment within the situation.
- P: Back up home plate
- C: Cover plate, line up cutoff man
- 1B: Center of infield, behind the pitcher's mound for cutoff between CF and C
- 2B: Cover 1B
- SS: Cover 2B
- 3B: Come inside base, cover 3B
- LF: Backup 3B
- RF: Back up 1B
- CF: Field ball, throw "through" cutoff to home plate
Cutoff Tips ~ From the Dugout
- Third baseman sets up inside of 3B, not to obstruct the runner; but to see if he will adjust his turn out wider, then goes to cover 3B after the runner passes.
I Figure Practice Puts Your Brains In Your Muscles ( Sam Snead ~ PGA Golfer )
Single Cutoff Diagrams
return to the ole ballgame.com