Single Right Field ~ Runner On First
In this single right field, each player has a specific assignment within the situation.
- P: Back up 3B
- C: Stay at plate
- 1B: Stay at 1B, possible pick of runner with too wide a turn
- 2B: Cover 2B
- SS: Cutoff between RF and 3B
- 3B: Cover 3B
- LF: Back up 3B
- CF: Go toward right field, tell him where to throw
- RF: Fields the ball, throw "through" the cutoff to 3B
Cutoff Tips ~ From the Dugout
- Outfielders should make a solid throw to the cutoff man on every play. A soft, lazy toss, made because the runner was not going makes the defense look sloppy.
I Figure Practice Puts Your Brains In Your Muscles ( Sam Snead ~ PGA Golfer )
Single Cutoff Diagrams
return to the ole ballgame.com