Single Center Field ~ Runner On First
In this single center field, runner on first, each player has a specific assignment within the situation.
- P: Back up 3B
- C: Stay at plate
- 1B: Stay at 1B, possible pick of runner with too wide a turn
- 2B: Cover 2B
- SS: Cutoff between CF and 3B
- 3B: Cover 3B
- LF: Backup behind 3B
- RF: Comes toward infield to back up possible cutoff throw to 2B
- CF: Fields ball, throws "through cutoff to 3B
Cutoff Tips ~ From the Dugout
- Pitchers need to get all the way to the fence when backing up a base. This is so that a ball cannot get past them, allowing an additional base.
I Figure Practice Puts Your Brains In Your Muscles ( Sam Snead ~ PGA Golfer )
Single Cutoff Diagrams
return to the ole ballgame.com