Extra Bases Left Field ~ Runner On First
In this double cutoff, extra bases left field, runner on first, each player has a specific assignment within the situation.
- P: Go to a spot in foul territory, between HP and 3B. When you see where the throw will be going, backup that base
- C: Cover HP
- 1B: Into the infield as the cutoff man
- 2B: Second cutoff out
- SS: First cutoff out
- 3B: Cover 3B
- CF: Go towards left field
- RF: Cover 2B
- CF: Chase ball down, make a strong throw "through" the cutoff to the base called
Double Cutoff Tips ~ From the Dugout
- In this double cutoff situation, I like to use the 1B as the infield cutoff for all plays, no matter where the ball is hit. The RF will cover 2B twice, the RF once.
This coverage keeps the changes minimal, eliminating opportunities for mistakes.
The Right Results Come From The Right Approach
Double Cutoff Diagrams
return from extra bases left field to the ole ballgame.com