when was the last time a world series was won in 4 stright game?
Michael asked: When was the last time a world series was won in 4 stright games?
Rick answered: Michael, thank you for your question.
The last time a World Series was won in four straight games, prior to last night, was 2007, when the Red Sox swept the Rockies.
Following is a chronological list of the 21 World Series sweeps, courtesy of Baseball Almanac.
- 1907 Chicago Cubs beat Detroit Tigers.
- 1914 Boston Braves beat Philadelphia Athletics.
- 1922 New York Giants beat New York Yankees.
- 1927 New York Yankees beat Pittsburg Pirates.
- 1928 New York Yankees beat St. Louis Cardinals.
- 1932 New York Yankees beat Chicago Cubs.
- 1938 New York Yankees beat Chicago Cubs.
- 1939 New York Yankees beat Cincinnati Reds.
- 1950 New York Yankees beat Philidelphia Phillies.
- 1954 New York Giants beat Cleveland Indians.
- 1963 LA Dodgers beat New York Yankees.
- 1966 Baltimore Orioles beat LA Dodgers.
- 1976 Cincinnati Reds beat New York Yankees.
- 1989 Oakland Athletics beat San Francisco Giants.
- 1990 Cincinnati Reds beat Oakland Athletics.
- 1998 New York Yankees beat San Diego Padres.
- 1999 New York Yankees beat Atlanta Braves.
- 2004 Bostom Red Sox beat St. Louis Cardinals.
- 2005 Chicago White sox beat Houston Astros.
- 2007 Boston Red Sox beat Colorado Rockies.
- 2012 San Francisco Giants beat Detroit Tigers.
There have been 21 world Series sweeps in history. The American League has won/swept thirteen, the National League has won/swept eight.
Yours in baseball,